Dec 23, 2010

Xinjin: My School

This piece is named Xinjin becuase, as some people may know, I got the honor to travel to Xinjin China (in SiChuan Province) and study chinese for 6 weeks! This school has so many warm, fun, and... well... smelly memories~ I wanted to share with you guys my experiences!

Oh, also, because the whole Stuff of the Week thing... didn't really turn out as I had planned (and took WAY too much time) I'm thinking of just putting something new up about Xinjin, and what I experienced there.

Today, I'm focusing on the school I went to, 新津中学外国语实验学校 (talk about a mouth full). This translated to the Forigen Language Experimental School Affiliated with Xinjin High School **gasp** haha! But, most people just call it 外实效.

And now, I leave you with pictures, and explanations~ (Several of these pictures were taken from the Internet and from friends that went on the trip because.... I'm silly... and always forgot to take pictures of stuff like this 对不起... ENJOY!!

Around the School
View from the bathroom on the 3rd floor
The steps leading up to the elementary school building
Some more of the river from the 5th floor
The Middle School Building (Our classes was on the 3rd floor)
The Student/Teacher Dorms (on the right), the Cafeteria (back left)
and the Elementary School Building (front left)
Close up of Student/Teacher Dorms and the random statue thing
Our school from the main road (Sorry, it's kind of foggy)
The inside of the Middle School Building
More of the inside of the Middle School Building
All 5 levels of the Middle School Building



The Chinese Teachers
___ Laoshi... (He wasn't my teacher...)
My teacher Wang Laoshi with Megan (right) and Ashlee (left)
Roni with Song Laoshi 
Zhu Laoshi? (He wasn't my teacher either...)
Jiu Laoshi with us at Dico's (it's like an American fast food place)
on her birthday! (SHE DIDN"T EVEN TELL US IT WAS HER
BIRTHDAY UNTIL LATER!!! #.# We all felt so bad because
she was spending money one US on HER birthday! (We snuck
about 100 Yuan into her purse while she bought food lolz) 
Jiu Laoshi "teaching us"... she was a... how do I put this...
She isn't the greatest at listening when we say 'We've already
learned all of this!' Hence why she's explaining 没有 to us... ugh...
Our WuShu teacher Tan Laoshi!! He was pretty cool~
Our Calligraphy teacher, who we only know as
Crystal Laoshi. She always had the CUTEST shoes!
xD Tan Laoshi~ WITH A SWORD!! Paige bought it =3
SO COOL! 非常酷!
Now he's just showing off!
Paige taking a picture with her uber crush =3
AKA: Tan Laoshi
Song Laoshi with ___ Laoshi (Both really cool teachers)

Another picture of Jiu Laoshi... looking back :( I feel bad...
We really should of been nicer to her... she's was just trying
to be a good teacher... failed... but still tried
Niao Laoshi and Wang Laoshi at the dumpling restaurant that
they took us to on some random downtown Xinjin excursion
(from left to right) Shay, Vanessa, Ashlee, and I with Wang
Laoshi at the dumpling shop (I have to say... Wang Laoshi
was definitely my favorite teacher there~~)
Crystal Laoshi

There were a few other teachers, but I didn't have any pictures of them... oops

The Chinese Students

One of the 9th grade classes (class 12) that we helped teach
English too! it was fun~ (I don't know if he knows what is
means... but the 'English name' of the boy in red is Monkey =D)


More of Class 12 (Nice pose dude!)

Even MORE of class 12 (I have no idea why I never took
pictures of class 13 and 11 too... 13 was my favorite class!
((they asked me if I was planning on marrying my (now ex)
boyfriend lolz, and I had made some friends that I still
keep in touch with))
One of the two 7th grade classes we helped teach English in~

Mr. Florean and one of the 7th graders~
My 'little brother' and his two friends
Just his friend
Another one of your 9th grade classes
Same class
Same same class 
Students at assemble (actually took this one from the school
website but, shush, that's a secret ^-^)

The American Students
Vanessa making her ANGRY FACE >.<

Megan (left) and Paige (right)

Sean (left) and Jaylen (right)

Guess who!!

Roni in Calligraphy class

Shay (left) and Vanessa (right) in Calligraphy class

Jessica (in Calligraphy class...)

Paige (take a wild guess where she is~)

Sean and his impressive array of bottles xD My favorite of
these were the last two, but in the green tea flavor (not red
tea which those are). I also like the first one which is like
minutemaid orange juice, but yummier

(left to right) Ashlee, Wang laoshi, and Megan in class

Enter Sean (Our classes only had 4 to 5 people. Mine was
these three and I)

(left to right) Roni, Tanner, and Megan all playing this game
where you fill a bucket with water and marbles, then try and
see who can get the most marbles out using chopsticks!

The Chinese VS Americans basketball game!!!! (The whole
school came out to watch xD)

We started out getting our butts kicked left, right, up and down

Then we started getting a bit better

Then we were tied

Then... we started getting beat by a little

Then we lost... badly... American fail =.=

(They're laughing at us on the inside... I just know it)

Everyone at the closing ceremony

More of everyone (In cool panoramic form!!)

Paige and her sword xD YAY!! It was really cool looking

(left to right) James, Jaylen, Sean, and Sean all on the see saw
that was out on the playground outside the elementary
school building! You don't know how much fun that silly
little thing was!! Getting like 3 or 4 people on each side!
Acting like a child again: Priceless

Everyone doing WuShu at the closing ceremony (badly,
I might add)

You may not think it, but playing ninja was one of the
highlights of our school days xD If you don't know
what that game is, you stand in a circle, and take turns
trying to hit another persons hand out, if your hand
is hit, you have to fist it and your can't use it anymore
last one standing is the ninja =D

Roni and her cool Calligraphy book she got~

(left to right) Me, Ashlee, Roni, The daughter of the school
store keeper, Jessica, and Megan. This is the inside of the
school cafeteria... I learned that.... school food is bad, no
matter where you are....

(left to right) Me, Jessica, Ashlee, Little girl, Megan, and Roni
all outside by the track/soccer field

Other Random Stuff
Jiu Laoshi's birthday cake~ It had frosting goats on it... that
was... different xD
OMG! IT'S ASIAN TONY STARK!! Haa haa! This was the
ramen that I ate pretty much everyday (better then the school
food... note to self... school food is NEVER good... Ever...

A cool perspective of our classroom (from the perspective of a student)

Bathrooms...
... are...


... nasty!

Roni's CJ7 plushie magically floating in the window over
looking the outside courtyard at school.
There's a funny story behind why these schools have these
yellow buses. You see, the school we went to also sends
Chinese students to our schools. The principal of the
school came to America one year, saw the yellow buses
that we had, and decided that he's school would have them
too... hence... the yellow school buses :)

The little girl from before
Some of the billboards that the school made of all the pictures
that they took of us over the 5 weeks... though... I don't remember
ever really seeing any cameras... photography ninjas?
One of the pictures from on of the many billboards This is Roni
 with a bunch of the students

Us in Calligraphy class
Megan being helps by Cystal
And those are the pictures from around the school~ I was trying to make is to that they were in different drop down boxes... but that dream kind of failed... If I can finally get it to work I'll change it. If not is stuck like this.
Hope you enjoyed it 
♪o⦅^∇^⦆o☆ ~珊珊

3 comments:

Quiddity said... Reply to comment

:) My son is, I'm guessing (not entirely sure), at the same school ... right now ... it's nice to see pictures, since of course he doesn't tell me ANYTHING.

Unknown said... Reply to comment

I was there this Summer with Dolan Laoshi...great experience and wonderful people! Tan Laoshi is still there and still showing off! He has a beautiful little boy

Unknown said... Reply to comment

I was there this Summer with Dolan Laoshi...great experience and wonderful people! Tan Laoshi is still there and still showing off! He has a beautiful little boy

Post a Comment